    SubjectRe: The stability crisis
    On Fri, 2 Jul 1999 wrote:

    > So far as I know there are only two ways to capture the data related to
    > an oops. Write it down with a pencil, or capture it via a serial port
    > on another machine. The first seems too prone to errors, and the second
    > just isn't realistic for me and my cluster of machines. Too many
    > serial cables going every which way. Or maybe I'm just lazy.

    Perhaps the latter, but just to mention, I just daisy-chain them
    all in the cluster I'm building. Works pretty well`, they all then send
    the info via syslog to a logging machine. Other options are multi-port
    serial cards in one machine going to all the other machines.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.018 / U:179.256 seconds]