    SubjectRe: network problems with 2.2.10-ac11
    Hi Alan.

    >> Q> ne.c: Probing 0x360
    >> Q> ne.c: Probing 0x380

    >> The actual detail for the card in question is io=0x360 which is
    >> the point at which check_region first returns non-zero, and this
    >> is therefore the reason why the ne2000 driver no longer
    >> auto-probes ISA cards successfully.

    >> It therefore looks like check_region has changed its behaviour
    >> somewhere in between.

    >> Suggestions?

    > Classic mistake. Bet you have a printer port at 0x378 8)

    Probably, although it's not used. How come earlier kernels probed the
    card fine though, with no difference in the hardware settings?

    I can also add that if I specify "ether=9,0x360,eth0" to LILO then the
    card is detected fine, and works fine.

    For reference, the cards I use were all obtained second hand, and
    whilst the IRQ is jumperable, the address is not. I would presume the
    address was originally set using some DOS-based program, but that
    didn't come with the cards, so I'm basically stuck with whatever they
    were last set to...

    >> 2. Did you get either of the two patches I sent out recently?
    >> One fixed a bug in the top level Makefile and the other
    >> corrected the fact that BogoMIPS are usually underestimated
    >> somewhat.

    > Dont think I did.

    I'll resend them to you - they were originally just to L-K so were
    probably easy to overlook...

    > Having said that bogomip inaccuracy isnt a serious issue 8)

    Perhaps if that gets corrected, the various threads about the kernel
    sleeping for incorrect periods will go away - I imagine the kernel
    sleep is connected with the kernel timer...

    Best wishes from Riley.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.687 / U:9.928 seconds]