SubjectRe: ac/trond's NFS client + lockd problems
On Sun, Jul 18, 1999 at 03:19:20PM +0100, Paul Jakma wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Jul 1999, Steven N. Hirsch wrote:
>
> i have this aswell, and as soon as the server comes back up the
> clients goes on as per usual. Which seems reasonable to me. (the
> client mounts /var, /usr and /home from the server).

Upgrading knfsd has never gone smoothly for me, unless I unmount all
directories on the clients, first. If you leave a directory mounted, and
upgrade the server, the client will produce "NFS server timed out
messages", even after the new server comes back up. I have to log
(which takes forever because the NFS directories are in the PATH) into
each client machine, kill all processes which may still be running on the
mounted directories, unmount them (which still takes another while) and
finally remount the directory and then all is well. Anybody know of a
better way?

-Dave

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.042 / U:0.072 seconds]