SubjectRe: programms has segmentation fault error only in linux, but not in Solaris
In <378E7462.EFD62C2@tip.csiro.au> Sihui Zhou (Sihui.Zhou@tip.csiro.au) wrote:
> Hi,

> I am not familiar with linux kernel development. Now I am having a
> problem of a programm (sipd server) only has segmentation fault when it
> runs in linux. When the same programm (binary compiled in Solaris) runs
> at Solaris, no segmentation fault.

Still in 99.99% such cases it's bug in program not exposed by Solaris but
exposed by Linux so you should talk with authors of sipd server ...

> I used gdb to look at when it runs at linux, it says:

> __pthread_sighandler (sig=-1073744808) at pthread.c: 319
> pthread.c: 319: No such file or directory

> I thought pthread.c is kernel or system programm. I have no idea why it
> is happened and no idea how to fix it because I am not the one to write
> the sipd server code (I am only a user of sipd server).

Then ask someone who can. pthread.c is part of LinuxThreads package/or GLibC
(gosh, you do not even said what are you using!) but I bet it's just wrong
call. It's absolutely pointless to ask HERE, at least. Noone can halp you
without long deep digging in sipd. And even if it's LinuxThreads/GLibC/kernel
bug it must be isolated and small and simple program to show bug must be
created...

> Any help or hint would be very appreciated.

Ask sipd authors. It's POSSIBLE that it's bug in LinuxThreads/GLibC/kernel but
probabilyty is MUCH higher for bug in program: there are PLENTY threaded
programs working on Linux without glitch...

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:2.563 / U:0.056 seconds]