    SubjectRe: Memory hogs
    Rik van Riel wrote:
    > On Fri, 16 Jul 1999 wrote:
    > > Rik van Riel wrote:
    > > > Please don't. My little algorithm (with no overhead on a normal
    > > > system) works great -- it has been tested by simulation folks
    > > > who want a 16MB netscape killed in favor of their week-old,
    > > > 150MB simulation.
    > >
    > > Ok, I'll adapt your patch. The only gripe I have is that it
    > > doesn't send out warning shoots before, that allow tasks to quit
    > > nicely.
    > That can be added without much effort. The real hard part has
    > been in getting the 'task chooser' right...

    That really isn't easy.

    You're in a "we're completely out of memory" situation already, and
    having the application clean up may mean it wants to rewrite its
    config files. Requiring buffers and other resources.

    ** ** ** +31-15-2137555 **
    ------ Microsoft SELLS you Windows, Linux GIVES you the whole house ------

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.019 / U:4.628 seconds]