SubjectRe: Memory hogs
Rik van Riel wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Jul 1999 wrote:
> > Rik van Riel wrote:
> > > Please don't. My little algorithm (with no overhead on a normal
> > > system) works great -- it has been tested by simulation folks
> > > who want a 16MB netscape killed in favor of their week-old,
> > > 150MB simulation.
> >
> > Ok, I'll adapt your patch. The only gripe I have is that it
> > doesn't send out warning shoots before, that allow tasks to quit
> > nicely.
> That can be added without much effort. The real hard part has
> been in getting the 'task chooser' right...

That really isn't easy.

You're in a "we're completely out of memory" situation already, and
having the application clean up may mean it wants to rewrite its
config files. Requiring buffers and other resources.

** ** ** +31-15-2137555 **
------ Microsoft SELLS you Windows, Linux GIVES you the whole house ------