SubjectRe: Linux Kernel Upwards-Compatibility Deficiencies
In <AAViQZtGBI@khim.sch57.msk.ru> ghphpr@tesco.net (ghphpr@tesco.net) wrote:
> In <000b01bececc$a99950c0$c6408cd4@gtjh> GERALD HOOPER (ghphpr@tesco.net) wrote:
>> Hi Larry

>> I am not an expert in the internal of kernel device drivers but I need to contact someone who is and who can help me.

> Hardly needed. I honestly can not see problem with kernel device drivers in you
> report yet. MUCH MORE like just a bunch of "pilot errors". /dev/lp0 (NOT /dev/lp1
> anymore!) is not recognized since you do not have proper driver installed/tuned,
> vfat is not supported since you can not load vfat.o without fat.o, etc.
> Of course there are CAN BE driver problems -- it's really strange that partition
> check does not work for LS-120... It should...

Oops. Of course it SHOULD NOT ! IDE-Floppy support is not integrated in kernel
anymore in RedHat 6.0 so no partition check will occurs on boot up, of course.
So it's yet another "pilot error" ...

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.038 / U:0.368 seconds]