SubjectRe: NT causes oops in 2.2.xx

pete@mssint.demon.co.uk said:
> I have noticed that the difference between the user who crashes the
> system and all the others is that, in her dial- up-networking setup on
> NT she had enabled "modem error control" and "modem compression". I
> have switched these off - hopefully the problem will dissapear.

What's the compression setup at your end?

I found that the ISDN code would oops and die if ipppd had compression
enabled, but I hadn't loaded the isdn_bsdcomp or isdn_lzscomp modules.

Either specifying noccp on the ipppd command line, or loading the compression
modules, fixed the problem for me.

You should also probably try the latest ISDN code snapshots, as they're very
slow to get merged into Linus' kernel.

David Woodhouse David.Woodhouse@mvhi.com Office: (+44) 1223 810302
Project Leader, Process Information Systems Mobile: (+44) 976 658355
Axiom (Cambridge) Ltd., Swaffham Bulbeck, Cambridge, CB5 0NA, UK.
finger dwmw2@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk for PGP key.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.033 / U:0.052 seconds]