    SubjectRe: [2GB RAM] st: can not allocate tape buffer
    Hi Thomas.

    > 'In a previous message, Thomas Hiller uttered these words'

    >> System is 2.2.9 with 2 GB RAM patch (same applies to 2.2.10ac4).

    >> st: cannot allocate tape buffer.

    >> When I boot the system with mem=1024K it works.
    >> What is the problem ?

    > I have seen this problem as well while trying to relink Oracle
    > on a 2Gb RAM system. If you find an answer, please let me know.

    I've heard there was a problem with the ALSA sound drivers on machines
    with lots of memory, and I'm wondering if this is related to it?

    Soruk: You know a bit about that - perhaps you can comment?

    Best wishes from Riley.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.020 / U:2.068 seconds]