SubjectRe: [patch] syncppp.c and skb->priority
Gergely Madarasz wrote:
: > : shouldn't this read skb->priority=TC_PRIO_CONTROL ?
: > :
: > I don't know - I can see only one occurence of TC_PRIO_CONTROL
: > in the 2.2.10 and 2.3.9 trees. What is TC_PRIO_CONTROL expected to do?
: I guess in this case it would mean link control protocol... higher
: priority than normal packets. Anyway Alan told me to use it, so I guess it
: does the right thing (and I tested it, it really does the right thing :))
I have tested it, it works (but didn't find why - or why setting
it to 0 or 1 does not work). This must be hard-coded somewhere,
the TC_PRIO_CONTROL is not used anywhere.

Gergely, can you send Alan the patches to syncppp.c and dev.c?
I think it should be incorporated in the kernel sources.

BTW, I have found another problem with syncppp.c. In Sync PPP mode
it does not work when I manually ifconfig one of the ends down and then up.
It seems the LCP does not end. It helps to unplug the line physically
for MAXALIVECNT keepalive packets - both ends then will agree the line
is down and restart the LCP from the beginning.

I can attach the debug output, but this one is easy to reproduce.
I have to leave the Net for ~14 days, so I cannot dig into it further.
Any ideas?

\ Jan "Yenya" Kasprzak <kas at>
\\ PGP: finger kas at 0D99A7FB206605D7 8B35FCDE05B18A5E //
\\\ Czech Linux Homepage: ///
The new code base has not stabilized enough yet for benchmarking. Be patient,
we'll be sure to delay NT5's release a bit, trust me... (DaveM)