SubjectRe: Summary of how linux can best avoid the need for streams
Hans Reiser writes:
> Nothing I have said makes it mandatory that you choose to do an open
> or a create on the directory, or that you use any filters.

I'm glad to hear that, but I don't understand how that would
work. I've heard talk about automagically tarring up directories,
accessing "default" files when opening a directory, and so on. So how
do you make this user (per process) configurable?

Especially if data filters/default opening/automagic tarring is put
into the kernel/FS, how do you make that user configurable?