    SubjectRe: Summary of how linux can best avoid the need for streams
    Hans Reiser writes:

    > Nothing I have said makes it mandatory that you choose to do an open
    > or a create on the directory, or that you use any filters.

    I'm glad to hear that, but I don't understand how that would
    work. I've heard talk about automagically tarring up directories,
    accessing "default" files when opening a directory, and so on. So how
    do you make this user (per process) configurable?

    Especially if data filters/default opening/automagic tarring is put
    into the kernel/FS, how do you make that user configurable?

    Regards,

    Richard....

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.018 / U:150.212 seconds]