SubjectRe: Dual Ethernet Slowness Causing Lousy Benchmarks? (was: A very informative benchmark.)
> > Such nonscaling is absolutely unacceptable to have around - so David S.
> > Miller has SMP-scaled the networking code in 2.3 already - on my box and
> > 2.3.9 TCP bandwith scales almost linearly on localhost - it shows almost
> > no scaling on 2.2.10. (i do not have 4 100mbit ethernet connections - yet)
>
> I would imagine tcp scaling is more important to the clustering people.

YES! Will the tcp/ethernet SMP scaling changes be back-ported to 2.2.x?

Thanks,

-V

P.S. This would be very useful in, oh, maybe, geez, something like a
cluster of dual alphas transferring huge astronomy data files...gosh, the
thought makes me shiver...mmm...

*************************
* Vasilios F. Hoffman *
* Physics Unix Admin *
* Wesleyan University *
* www.con.wesleyan.edu *
*************************

One OS to rule them all,
One OS to bind them,
One OS to bring them all,
and in the Darkness bind them,
in the land of Microsoft, where the shadows lie

Three OS for the BSDs under the Berkeley,
Seven for the Microsofts in their boards of intel,
Nine for Unix Servers doomed to die,
One for the Great Linus on his wired throne
In the Land of The Net where the Hackers lie.
One OS to rule them all.
One OS to find them,
One OS to bring them all,
and in the darkness bind them,
in the Land of The Net, where the Hackers lie.

(With apologies to J.R.R.T)

> -Dan
>

> -

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.712 / U:0.832 seconds]