SubjectRe: Profanity in the Linux Kernel?!?!?
>       cd /usr/src/linux ; grep -i fuck `find . -name '*.[ch]'`
>
> It seems to me that if you are trying to make an OS that is going to be
> used by the masses you would try and present yourselves as best as
> possible. Using profanity to document your code doesn't seem all that
> appealing to me, but I don't know about others.

You should see non Linux source code if you think that is a problem.

Linux 2.2 never prints any message that contains obscenities.

Its all very silly anyway. Things you class now as obsceneties are regarded
as standard by most of the English speaking world. Indeed if anything they
simply had a dip in usage. They were routinely used by the people drafting
your US constitution, and publically so.

Anyway if it offends you the license allows you distribute your own
'fuck free linux' patch.

Alan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.206 / U:0.092 seconds]