SubjectRe: Preparations for ZD's upcoming Apache/Linux benchmark
On 8 Jun 1999 wrote:

> In local.linux-kernel, you wrote:
> > > Besides, it's (a) optional and (b) localized (doesn't mess around with
> > > any other kernel code). You wouldn't want it in a machine that wasn't
> > > a web server as its main function, that's for sure.
> > Or was a real world web server.
> >
> > But how does khttpd compare to Zab's phhttpd work, which is user space ?
> Do you have a list of URLs of fast web servers?
> I never heard of phhttpd and I didn't get the URL of khttpd because I
> missed a few days worth of email. The fastest free user-space web
> server I know is thttpd from, which
> uses select(). - thttpd - roxen - boa - zeus - khttpd

I use Apache and thttpd only right now, and I've used Boa and Roxen. I
know of people using Zeus, and it's pretty damn fast too. I'm going to
start beta testing khttpd as soon as I get a free second. I can
personally testify that thttpd is orders of magnitude faster than Apache,
but it's a pain to add anything to it beyond basic static content.

tani hosokawa
river styx internet