From said:
> AFAIK PCI is endian-independent. (I think I saw that in a post from
> Martin Mares recently?) It is only that 99.999% of the PCI devices
> out there are PC-centric and little endian.

No, PCI is little endian. AD[1:0] addresses BE0#, the low order byte,
when addressing devices in I/O address space.

Memory mode devices do not interpret A[1:0] as address bits and instead
must use the BE# signals. Same for configuration space.

However, for all the things we do nowadays, PCI is pretty much endian
neutral in the domain of memory space.
Steve Williams "The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, and lines to code before I sleep, And lines to code before I sleep."