SubjectSound Problem [For experts] Email me:
[Pleae read the complete Problem an then Reply or Comment]

Problem: When I use my Linux PC to run Audio-CD-ROMS it plays only from one
speaker, i.e right one, But rest of the files like midi and wav play from
both.

I have a Aztech SC-16 3D Sound Card PnP for Windows. [Note: I have even
tried isapnptools but came up with same problem]
I have a IDE Teacmedia 28x CDROM and works fine under Windows-95-98, it
attaches directly to IDE cable and posed no problem while data reading under
Linux.

I have been using Linux for 2 years and I have a good knowledge of It. I
have explored all possibilities but now I am tired.

I Know:
-------
1. Audio is played directly from cable and there is no cable fault,
as the CD's (audio) get played in Windows-9 from both the speakers. I HAVE
CHECKED THAT.

2. The mixer setting are all right I have checked with more that two mixers.

3. I use the RedHat-5.2 with latest 2.3.5 Kernel.
-------

What I suspect more is:
1. It is either CDROM driver Problem or SoundCard, But if it would have
been a sound card problem then why would it play wav and midi files so well.
Please reply me at the given E-mail address, rather than using the option
{Reply back}

Vishweshwar Saran Singh Deo "Surguja"
Email: vssinghdeo-surguja@altavista.net

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.082 / U:0.052 seconds]