SubjectRe: TCP/PPP bug 2.3.5?
On Sun, 6 Jun 1999, Nate Riffe wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Jun 1999, Rik van Riel wrote:
> > Then what protocol you suggest I use to connect to the
> > internet? The TCP implementation as in 2.2/2.3 is just
> > useless when I need to send over a larger amount of data.
> The problem isn't with TCP, I'm fairly sure about that. Alan
> isn't saying it is either. Basically, there is packet loss
> occuring somewhere and TCP is reacting the way it is supposed to,
> by slowing down the tranfser.

Then why is packet loss only happening to _outgoing_ connections?

Incoming data streams are just fine. Things go awry when I
try to upload something more than 50 or 100 kb...

Rik -- Open Source: you deserve to be in control of your data.
| Le Reseau netwerksystemen BV: |
| Linux Memory Management site: |
| Nederlandse Linux documentatie: |