    Hello all,

    I was reading an article on EPIC ( Explicitly Parallel Instruction
    Computing ) , a technique Intel is going to supply in their new
    processor (named Merced) to be able to have the processor handle 2
    instructions at the same time.

    I was wondering if there were any plans on supporting that technique in
    the Linux kernel-world, and if so, if there are any sites where more
    info could be found. I searched the archives of the list, but I found no
    references to any addresses, or even if the project existed.

    If not, I think it might be worth considering taking this new technique
    into the 2.3.x kernel series.

    Nils Vogels.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.018 / U:43.480 seconds]