    SubjectRe: 2.2.x instabilities
    hi-

    Gee, it must be getting late there...

    Alan Cox wrote:

    > Though if you want maximum stability you should not be running a
    > -ac patch.

    Agreed, understood, and accepted. Your ac-patches often have tweaks
    for the problems we're seeing, so they are eagerly and thankfully
    received whenever posted.

    > If people report bugs and expect rapid fixes to every bug they've
    > forgotten <to> pick a vendor of their choice and buy a support
    > contract.

    very true, I hope I don't make such an unrealistic impression.

    > Silence is also not "nothing occuring", often its combinations of
    > reports that resolve a bug. One cases of "my computer crashed doing
    > XYZ" may not help but 5 of them all with the same hardware do

    right. I often work with customer support, so I understand the
    process. Unfortunately the folks I deal with aren't as knowledgeable as
    this crowd...

    ron

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.021 / U:89.164 seconds]