SubjectRe: 2.3 wish: integrate pcmcia into mainstream kernel
Date
Followup to:  <E10pc3b-0003XF-00@devel2.axiom.internal>
By author: David Woodhouse <David.Woodhouse@mvhi.com>
In newsgroup: linux.dev.kernel

> rhw@MemAlpha.CX said:
> >
> > 3. The floppy image realises that to do a CD install with
> > this setup, it needs to load a supplementary image from
> > the CD.
>
> It can't load a supplementary image from CD - the supplementary image was
> never available from the CD via the INT 13h emulation in the first place.
>
> You'd need a floppy drive, and to put the supplementary image on a floppy.
>
> Or recreate the install image as a hard drive image, rather than a floppy disk
> image, so it has enough space for the SCSI drivers on it. Note that most
> BIOSes apparently don't support this, though.

Are you sure? I seem to recall that NT 4.0 boots off either a "raw"
image or a hard disk image, and if so I expect that these BIOSes will
be short-lived.

Also, when you run into these things, remember to notify your vendor.

-hpa
--
"The user's computer downloads the ActiveX code and simulates a 'Blue
Screen' crash, a generally benign event most users are familiar with