    SubjectRe: 2.2.x instabilities
    > > Silence is also not "nothing occuring", often its combinations of reports
    > > that resolve a bug. One cases of "my computer crashed doing XYZ" may not
    > > help but 5 of them all with the same hardware do
    > And what about repetitive and reproducible crashes on the same machine? I

    They are often a lot less useful than across many machines. One machine
    means "compiler ?, ram ? , corrupt build ?" 10 machines its rather unlikely
    to be that

    Im not sure if I saw your specific oopses (send me a set by all means and
    note they are same machine). I have got a small pile of buffer/page cache
    errors - including the truncate_inode_page one in 2.2.9ac* that say "Umm,
    page/buffer cache race or scribble ??"

    Alan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.019 / U:0.056 seconds]