    SubjectRe: 2.3 wish: integrate pcmcia into mainstream kernel
    Alan Cox wrote:
    > Finally people want to install Linux on *second hand* machines. Hell if we
    > wanted to support just new stuff we could drop PCMCIA (cardbus has replaced
    > it), drop modems (you've all got cablemodem right), and anything lower
    > than a PII processor

    Please do not let Linux fall into this trap; this is the Microsoft way
    of doing things. Instead of optimizing the operating system for minimal
    hardware, they simply demand better minimal hardware as part of the
    install requirements. For those who can afford and do have plenty of
    system resources, this is great, but we shouldn't exclude those who

    Mike Frisch
    Software Engineer
    Hummingbird Communications Ltd. North York, Ontario, Canada

    Disclaimer: I speak for myself, not my employer

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.019 / U:0.064 seconds]