SubjectRe: 2.3 wish: integrate pcmcia into mainstream kernel
Alan Cox wrote:
> Finally people want to install Linux on *second hand* machines. Hell if we
> wanted to support just new stuff we could drop PCMCIA (cardbus has replaced
> it), drop modems (you've all got cablemodem right), and anything lower
> than a PII processor

Please do not let Linux fall into this trap; this is the Microsoft way
of doing things. Instead of optimizing the operating system for minimal
hardware, they simply demand better minimal hardware as part of the
install requirements. For those who can afford and do have plenty of
system resources, this is great, but we shouldn't exclude those who
don't.

Mike.