Subject"recvmsg() bug" message
I am working on adding the capability to prioritize the input and output
network streams of the ipv4 implementation under linux. To do this, I am
modifying the functions associated with struct sk_buff's in
include/linux/skbuff.h. In my doings, I have run across the message
"recvmsg bug copied <hex number here> <hex number here>" in
/var/log/messages. Looking at the code for recvmsg.c in linux-2.2.9
(which is the version I am modifying), it looks like this is caused by the
fact that I have accidentally caused the system to process packets out of
sequence. Is this correct or not? Also, does anyone know of a way around
this or am I going to have to hack a way around it for the time being?

Any help would be appreciated. This is for work on a project in partial
fulfillment of the degree of Master of Science in Computer Science.

Thanks muchly!

----
Jason A. Pfeil pfeil@cs.fsu.edu
Network Administrator jpfeil@lsi.fsu.edu
CASDL (850)644-8014; fax: (850)644-4952
Learning Systems Institute University Center C-3519
http://idl.fsu.edu Tallahassee, FL 32306-2540

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:1.048 / U:0.304 seconds]