Subject(reiserfs) Re: File systems are semantically impoverished compared to database

I don't see why it is any more in RAM than any other pointers which
might or might not be in ram. Layering of pointers necessarily
increases the depth of the tree that must be traversed by more than log
N. As such, it is inherently inferior to an unlayered single unified
Balanced Tree solution (ala reiserfs).

Albert was directly on point, as I understand it.