    SubjectRe: why is the size of a directory always 1024b ?
    Hi Ted.

    >> Actually, it isn't - it is deliberately 12 BLOCKS. True, this
    >> is 12k on a 1k block filesystem, but it is 48k on a 4k block
    >> filesystem. I'm not sure whether this was intentional or a bug in
    >> the mklost+found code.

    > It was deliberately chosen to be 12 blocks, but arguably 48k is
    > more space than is really necessary. Probably not a disaster in
    > the grand scheme of things, but I will think about changing this
    > in future revisions of mke2fs.

    Probably a more sensible rule would be to say 16k or 1 block,
    whichever is smaller. Note that on 8k file systems, 12k is not an
    integral number of blocks, but 16k is, hence the change.

    Related to this, can I pass on a question I was recently asked: How
    does Linux deal with a corrupted partition where the lost+found entry
    is itself corrupted? Does it even detect that?

    Best wishes from Riley.