    SubjectRe: [patch] pagecache-2.3.9-E8, fixes against pre3-2.3.9
    On Fri, 25 Jun 1999, Ingo Molnar wrote:

    >- David's Sparc DMA bugfix and page-uptodate bugfix. [i've modified his
    > bugfix slightly so that partial reads on 1k filesystems work correctly
    > too] These fixed the last, nasty 'beyond end of device' bugs.

    I had a fast review of your patch and I think you missed a
    page-cache-corruption bug that I fixed in my buffer patch sent one hour

    > [David also removed the reuse_list (noticed by V Ganesh), and i removed
    > BH_protected logic, these two were obsolete concepts.]

    I don't think the protected bit is obsolete. It still make sense for the
    metadata. And it will forbid shrink_mmap to release the page since now the
    page is the backend of the ramdisk. We only need to clear the protected
    bit in flushpage for truncate (exactly where now we wait for the buffer to
    complete I/O before marking it clean and freeing it). Then the ramdisk
    should be near to work again.

    Andrea Arcangeli

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.019 / U:7.036 seconds]