SubjectRe: (reiserfs) Re: File systems are semantically impoverished compared to database and keyword systems: it is time to change!
Albert D. Cahalan <> wrote:
> It is amazing how the sub-file issues resemble sub-process issues.
> Threads could be more easily implemented as part of libc, but
> performance and correctness would suffer.

Then again, there were several user-space thread implementations
available before fork was recast as clone.

The straw-man proposal might even be viable the choice of directory
access vs. file access was determined by path, rather than by the
presence of hidden files. Yeah, this would specify where such
files are stored, but I think people could deal with looking in
/expanded/home/username/ for raw access to their complex files.