SubjectRe: File corruption bug ...continued
A long time ago there was mention of memory corruption from kmod. On my
DX2/66 laptop with 20Mb I start up two VT's, one for X and one command
line. Sometimes, when I start X and switch to the command line VT, it
looks all sort of grey. It is useable in the sense that I can type
commands, but very hard to read. I have never seen this on my 96Mb P233
LT. On very rare occaisions I have the reboot the DX2/66 more than once
to get both VT's to function. It is currently running 2.2.5 and the P233
2.2.10 (no corruption, no quotas). The DX2/66 has exhibited this
behavior for a LONG TIME, but other than that has been quite stable
through many kernels. The wierd behavior on startup did start with the
introduction of kmod. I mention this because Alan said that if he
shutdown as soon as he saw a problem, files were not corrupted.
Hope this helps.
Garst

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.016 / U:0.560 seconds]