Subject[patch] Updated Cirrus Logic driver
Available at the URLs below is a major update to the Cirrus Logic fb
driver.

Previously supporting only Amigas, Cirrus Logic GD543x support is now
available for the PCI platforms: x86, Alpha, Sparc, PowerPC, and
NetWinder. Other features such as the beginnings of multi-head support,
and 1280x1024 mode support, are in this release as well.

If you have a supported card, I encourage you to test this driver and
let me know how it goes. Even though it "theoretically" supports the
platforms listed above, it has only been tested on PowerPC and x86.

The patch (link below) is against 2.3.6, but should apply to 2.2.x as
well. The diff is huge due to all the cleanups and reformatting, so you
might prefer a drop-in tarball instead.

To-do list:
o Finish multi-head support
o Verify it works on Alpha, Sparc, NetWinder
o Fix console messages, they don't display correctly (X works fine
though)
o Work with XFree86 Project to have accelerated X server support for
this driver, both as a 4.0 modular driver and as a 3.3.4 patch.

If you are new to framebuffer devices, my Linux Video page has useful
links: http://havoc.gtf.org/garzik/video/

The patch, against 2.3.6:
http://havoc.gtf.org/garzik/kernel/files/2.3.6-clgen-update.patch.bz2
(29k)

A drop-in tarball update:
http://havoc.gtf.org/garzik/kernel/files/2.3.6-clgen-update.tar.bz2
(21k)

Happy hacking,

Jeff

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.030 / U:0.076 seconds]