    SubjectRe: Some very thought-provoking ideas about OS architecture.
    Date
    > because by definition, if you can do the "handle->op" lookup, then it's
    > not a OS boundary any more - or at least it is a very BAD one. See?
    >
    > Linus

    I'm going to wait before I comment on this one.

    Some of what's going on is a misrepresentation of
    current OS theory within acedemic circles, which changes
    the context surrounding the message passing thread.

    Syscall overhead is an issue, but things in the late 90's
    are different now, so folks arguments are rather dated.

    I'm going to wait for the IBM guy, to reply first.

    bill

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.029 / U:0.932 seconds]