    SubjectRe: Microsoft IP-stack ?!
    On Fri, 18 Jun 1999, Mike A. Harris wrote:

    > >Please remember what UC Berkely were trying to achieve.
    > Ok. My statement still stands though. Current day open-source
    > development that is BSD licensed or similarly can go directly to
    > Microsoft.

    There's still no problem with that. The only big problem
    with the BSD license is that Microsoft isn't required to
    give back their changes to the BSD community.

    I don't see anything wrong with commercial companies using
    Open Source stuff in their products -- as long as they give
    something back to the community...

    I propose we move the discussion to another forum and
    continue there to talk about a new kind of license
    incorporating the best of GPL and BSD :)

    Rik -- Open Source: you deserve to be in control of your data.
    | Le Reseau netwerksystemen BV: |
    | Linux Memory Management site: |
    | Nederlandse Linux documentatie: |

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.020 / U:37.012 seconds]