SubjectRe: reschedule_idle
On Wed, 16 Jun 1999, Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:

>Umm, check the stock definition of related(): if the two tasks are
>related then we know for sure that they both want the kernel lock. We
>cannot possibly find a related task if there is only one task waiting
>for the global lock.

If the only two tasks in the system that wants the kernel lock are the
wakenup task and the current-running task, then rescheduling the wakenup
task in _place_ of the current task will work _fine_. There _won't_ be any
contention of the lock simply because the current task will go offline
waiting the next schedule sleeping in the _run_queue.

Andrea Arcangeli