    SubjectRe: [KBUILD] 2.x.x mkdep incorrectly handles serial.c (and probably others)
    > dependent on CONFIG_option2 as well.  To pick that up, you would have
    > to run make dep after *every* option change. That relies on users
    > doing it every time, not a chance, somebody is bound to forget.
    >
    > A straight text scan picks up all dependencies, no need to run make dep
    > after changing options. The downside is that we sometimes get extra

    But a "make dep" sometimes is necessary to update the versioned
    symbols, if you run with versioned symbols (and you definitely should
    if you have externally compiled modules). When exactly it is necessary
    is not evident to the user, so the rule of thumb I (as developer of an
    external module) give to users is "always do make dep after config
    change".

    I know there should be a better way to handle this...

    Olaf

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.018 / U:1.256 seconds]