    SubjectRe: Migrating to larger numbers
    o.r.c@p.e.l.l.p.o.r.t.l.a.n.d.o.r.u.s (david parsons)  wrote on 09.06.99 in <7jm8sc$lsk@pell.pell.portland.or.us>:

    > In article <linux.kernel.7IYJSCT1w-B@khms.westfalen.de>,
    > Kai Henningsen <kaih@khms.westfalen.de> wrote:
    > [time_t and C; library or creeping Pascal?]
    >
    > >The above scenario *might* be a conformant freestanding implementation -
    > >that is, one with minimal library support (float.h, limits.h, stdarg.h,
    > >and stddef.h, only). It *cannot* be a conformant hosted implementation,
    > >because it doesn't conform to 4.12.1.
    >
    > Cool, so ISO C was designed by Pascal hackers.

    The Library Subcommittee Chair was a certain P. J. Plauger. Maybe you've
    heard that name before?

    And would you explain just what the relation to Pascal is? I always
    thought Pascal as designed by Wirth didn't have any date/time routines at
    all, and indeed only had a fairly trivial set of library routines at all.

    > That's pretty icky.

    Care to explain why?

    MfG Kai

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:2.900 / U:0.024 seconds]