Subjectproblem with flame fests was: Re: FAKE. Re: Why I run FreeBSD - SunOS, Solaris, Linux? No, thanks!

I've been wondering about somthing over the past few months... Why is it
flame fests only seem to be happenening when somthing important is trying
to be accomplished?
It seems like when nothing is happening there are no flame wars, but as
soon as something important needs doing somone starts a fight.

When a serious bug was being hunted in the early 2.2.x series somone had
to bring up ggi.

Now here we are and 2 major tasks ned to be acomplished
A There is still a bug in 2.2.9 that causes things to freeze
B Linux needs to scale better

But I have trouble finding messages relating to either (I like to read
what the masters are doing so I can learn from them) it's all buried in 2
sepperate flame fests (devfs and profanity in the kernel)

I am looking very worriedly at this post hoping I'm not going to have to
add a procmail filter.

Please folks be rational about these things and try not to flame. To me it
seems like it's hurting Linux more then it is helping it.

Gerhard

PS How bored do you have to be to scan your system for profanities?
That's worse then playing with the degauss button.

On Thu, 10 Jun 1999, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> guys, before you start flaming away:

> this is a Windows newsreader, and the mail probably has a fake return
> address. Someone really wants the Linux people to fight FreeBSD people and
> vs. Both Linux and FreeBSD are fine and both can learn from each other.
> Lets just stop this thread here.
>
> -- mingo
>

> -

gmack@imag.net

As a computer I find your faith in technology amusing.