SubjectRe: sound and control-c
On Sat, May 29, 1999 at 10:49:01AM -0400, Navindra Umanee wrote:

> Problem: Pressing Control-c while playing certain sound files under
> Linux 2.2.x does not have an effect until I press Control-z
> shortly after.

If I remember correctly, I "fixed" this a few months ago in my tree, but had
since lost the patch in a nasty HD crash (burn, actually). If that's indeed
what I fixed, I eventually decided not to send it to the official tree,
because I figured 'cat something.wav > /dev/dsp' isn't the proper way to
play a sound file anyhow, and proper sound players are capable of stopping
the sound immediately (they have a system call to do that).
Maybe this is a non-issue, hence. When I get some time, I'll take a look
again.

Nimrod

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans