SubjectRe: [patch] ipconfig

> I sent this patch to linux-kernel some month ago.
> The line it modifies is the only preventing one from booting
> with nfsroot over pointopoint links (i tested it only for
> PLIP, however, but it should work even with SLIP).

Your patch is incorrect -- it causes the kernel to accept _less_ network
devices, not more. I really wonder why does it help.

o Do you really have recent 2.2.x kernel or it's some where the
IPconfig code worked differently?
o Does specifying an explicit device name on the kernel command line
(see Documentation/nfsroot.txt) help?
o Can you send me kernel messages printed when IPCONFIG_DEBUG is turned
on (a #define in ipconfig.c)?

Have a nice fortnight
Martin `MJ' Mares <>