    SubjectRe: [patch] ipconfig

    > I sent this patch to linux-kernel some month ago.
    > The line it modifies is the only preventing one from booting
    > with nfsroot over pointopoint links (i tested it only for
    > PLIP, however, but it should work even with SLIP).

    Your patch is incorrect -- it causes the kernel to accept _less_ network
    devices, not more. I really wonder why does it help.

    o Do you really have recent 2.2.x kernel or it's some where the
    IPconfig code worked differently?
    o Does specifying an explicit device name on the kernel command line
    (see Documentation/nfsroot.txt) help?
    o Can you send me kernel messages printed when IPCONFIG_DEBUG is turned
    on (a #define in ipconfig.c)?

    Have a nice fortnight
    Martin `MJ' Mares <>

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.019 / U:11.808 seconds]