SubjectRe: 2.2.7 fixes Apache problem? (Was: Re: 2.2.5 optimizations for web benchmarks?)

I'm not sure if I can say that 2.2.7 _fixes_ the apache problem or
merely _masks_ it.

With 2.2.7, the tcp performance (to certain clients) has
gone up quite a bit due to some tcp changes (initial snd_cwnd, etc.).
In fact, it's gone up so much, that apache is no longer bottlenecked
in my setup - I'm now constrained by disk I/O performance, since
specweb loads (and filesets) are much higher than can be accomodated
in memory.

In other words, in 2.2.5, I was able to get the apache performance
collapse after pushing it beyond the limit. In 2.2.7, I haven't been
able to push apache beyond the limit, at least not on my
dual PII/450, 512 MB RAM system.

cheers,
karthik