SubjectRe: [OT] util-linux-2.9p
On Sat, 8 May 1999 Andries.Brouwer@cwi.nl wrote:

>I see. Then it is really necessary to educate you.

If something it's necessary to educate the _maintainers_ to
____always_____ add an email address where to send patches. Otherwise
really _don't_ complain about me.

If I don't see such email addresses and I pass the timeout searching for a
maintainer/author then I _stop_ being polite. Try to find where to send
patches doing a man tunelp or a `tunelp` or whatever. Try and you'll see!!

I completly agree that when I seen Michael's Copyright an email wouldn't
be too much wasted time but I was just in the middle of the unpolite path
(too late ;).

Just to produce a realted example for fvwm2, some time ago I did some
changes on it. But I couldn't find the ftp site or the maintainer or
whatever. So I not forwarded my changes to anybody (and really I also
stopped using them here, because I reinstalled something and I am been too
lazy to recompile fvwm2 ;).

Just to stay in the windows-manager-hack field it happened that I also
fixed a bug in WindowMaker and in such case I found the bugreport-form in
/usr/doc and in some second now my fix is been merged in the mainstream
release. Ask you _why_.

In the fvwm2 case you didn't complained even if I not merged back my work
in the mainstream release (that I still don't know where is located). With
tunelp instead I made public my work and you now complain. Do you see that
it make _no_ sense at all and that the source of the problem is not my
unpolite behaviour? My unpolite behaviour is the symptom. Also ask you why
I thought there wasn't a maintainer.

First educate the maintainers to put its email address in the manpage (or
in the executable) then and only __then__ complain about my education.

I hope this boring discussion will help to achieve the thing.

Andrea Arcangeli

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.038 / U:0.592 seconds]