    SubjectRe: [OT] util-linux-2.9p
    On Sat, 8 May 1999 wrote:

    >But of course one can expect better behaviour from Andrea.

    I am getting bored by these complains.

    One of the basic property of GPL licence is to allow everybody to fork a
    GPL'd tree. So forking a GPL tree (as far as you won't break GPL because
    you left the copyright holder of the author, you won't link with no-GPL
    source as in the past KDE issue, etc..etc..) is _not_ a bad thing. If you
    don't like my behaviour is better that you start using a different licence
    for your code instead of complain. Since it was faster for me to take over
    instead of searching and then contacting the author (and as just said I
    was thinking that tunelp wasn't maintained anymore) I taken this faster

    Before taking this way I spent 10 minutes searching on the network the
    official tunelp sources. The manpage doesn't mention Michael as the
    mantainer and I couldn't find the official ftp site for the sources (try
    with a man tunelp and you'll see how many info you get). And since I pay
    for the phone while I am connected to internet I stopped searching and I
    taken the _far_ faster and simpler unpolite path (and once the unpolite
    path is been started the only objective become the real work). I would
    redo the same now if I would be in the same context.

    If the next time I'll be in a similar condition, you'll pay for the more
    time I should spend to take the polite path (for the phone to connect via
    modem etc..etc..) with _your_ money (instead of with the money of my
    parents), then, _only_ in such case, I'll be polite. Otherwise no-way and
    _stop_ complaining.

    Now according to me the right thing to do is to merge my work on the
    official tree and then to delete my tunelp from my ftp area. But I am not
    going to send patches in my spare time because I just want to do other
    things in my spare time.

    I would like if you would merge my tree in the official tunelp yourself,
    otherwise ignore me.

    Andrea Arcangeli

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.022 / U:143.464 seconds]