SubjectRe: Overscheduling DOES happen with high web server load.
For the record, I have been doing my performance tests on "strobe"
runs of SPECWeb96. This is a somewhat representative subset of the entire
suite. It runs much shorter than a full SPECWeb96 run. It allows one to
quickly figure what is happening in the system, and is ideal for performance

I haven't yet tried a full run with Greg's changes, but on the strobe runs,
things do get better. Response time descreases and the maximum number of Ops
increases. (Both very good signs.)

I'll try a full run shortly.

Digital/Compaq: HPSD/Benchmark Performance Engineering