    SubjectRe: High Number of arp Requests from NFS

    > My patch is ugly I know, it should be some generic socket method.
    > But what do you think about its basic functionality?

    Certainly, it is OK. Only I do not believe that it is really
    important yet, especially on client side.

    I still think forward progress notifications may be done
    only if a way to make it with zero cost exists, which is not true in the case.
    At least theoretically, background arp made each 20 sec is better
    than foreground notification on every transaction.

    [ BTW my client really did the notifications, but only due to the fact
    that it uses only connected sockets, so that it is really zero cost
    and not so ugly.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.031 / U:21.840 seconds]