SubjectRe: Ken Thompson interview in IEEE Computer magazine (fwd)
> I don't think that any of us would suggest that our banks place their
> databases on Linux today (and those of you who would, please suggest it
> to *your* bank, not mine).
> That doesn't say anything negative about Linux, by the way. It just
> says we still have work to do. Which is true.

In today's enterprise world (whatever that may be) it's not about
comparing Linux to Solaris but comparing Linux to NT, and comparing
Linux/Solaris to MVS or AS/400 stuff. The latter is what banks run
their databases on today, and I'd rather have them switch to Solaris
_or_ Linux than to NT.

Olaf

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.110 / U:3.596 seconds]