SubjectRe: 2.2.6 and Sangoma WANPIPE

Just to give everyone a status report: We're now running 2.2.7ac1,
with the newest Sangoma code, and all seems well so far.
(Router UP Time: 40 hour(s)). As I'm sure you all know, no version
of Sangoma code that I've tried works nor even compiles with the stock
2.2.x kernels, with or without the supplied Sangoma patch. (Haven't
tried 2.2.1 as there were other problems with that kernel.) The
current situation is a bit confusing. This is in no way to deny the
outstanding work everyone has done here; 2.0.34 is an incredibly
stable solution.

Under 2.2.6 with only Alan's wanpipe patches included, we ran a job
each minute to ping the line, and invoke a dial backup if there were
problems. At such points, from what I can gather,
/proc/net/wanrouter/status reads "connected", but ping fails. I've
included a sample output from that job below.

Hopefully, this was due, at least in part, to some silly mistake I
made in extracting the wanpipe specific sections from Alan's patch;
maybe 2.2.7ac1 will solve all problems. I only include this
information here as Alan has said others have had similar issues,
and this may help in debugging.

Take care,

alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk (Alan Cox) writes:

> > Greetings! We've just upgraded our internal routers using the Sangoma
> > wanpipe S508 cards to 2.2.6 recently. We've merged Alan Cox's wanpipe
> > patches from 2.2.6ac1, and used the latest wanconfig code from
> > Sangoma. The line freezes after a day or two. We've seemed to find a
>
> This is why the code is still in -ac and I've not sent it to Linus. You aren't
> the only people with this problem and the new code. Once I get updates
> from Sangoma that survive testing then it'll go on to Linus
>

> Alan

sppp Link encap:Point-to-Point Protocol
inet addr:192.168.2.252 P-t-P:192.168.2.251 Mask:255.255.255.255
UP POINTOPOINT RUNNING MTU:1500 Metric:1
Collisions:0
Interrupt:10 Base address:0x360 Memory:c00ee000-c00effff

Ppipemon statistics:

508 Board
Transmit buffer allocation in percent: 60
Use alternate adapter frequency: No
Set interface type to RS-232: No
Baud rate in bps: 0
Update transmit statistics( user data ): No
Update receive statistics( user data ): No
Timestamp received packets: No
Maximum Receive/Transmit Unit(MRU/MTU): 1500
Minimum remote MRU required on connection: 1500

Restart timer: 30
Authentication restart timer: 30
Authentication wait timer: 300
DCD/CTS failure detection timer: 100
Drop DTR duration timer: 1
Connection attempt timeout: 0
Max-Configure counter: 10
Max-Terminate counter: 2
Max-Failure counter: 5
Max-Authenticate counter: 10

Allow the use of PAP for inbound/outbound: No
Allow the use of CHAP for inbound/outbound: No

Enable the use of IP: Yes
Notify remote of locally-configure address: No
Local IP address( 0.0.0.0 = request ): 192.168.2.252
Request remote to provide local address: No
Provide remote with pre-configured address: No
Remote IP address: 192.168.2.252.
Require that remote provide an address: No

Enable the use of IPX: Yes
Include network number in Config-Request: No
Network number( 00000000 = request ): 00 00 00 00
Include local node # in Config-Request: No
Local node number( 000000000000 = request ): 00 00 00 00 00 00
Force remote to accept remote node number: No
Remote node number: 00 00 00 00 00 00
Include config-complete in Config-Request: No
Routing protocol: Request default( normally RIP/SAP )
Local router name( max. 47 characters ):

PPP Phase: Network Layer
LCP State: Opened
IPCP State: Opened
IPXCP State: Opened
PAP State: Initial( Inactive )
CHAP State: Initial( Inactive )

Remote Maximum Receive Unit: 1500
Negotiated IP options: 80( IP Enabled )
Local IP address: 192.168.2.252
Remote IP address: 0.0.0.0
Negotiated IPX options: A0( IPX Enabled )
IPX network number: 00 00 00 00
Local IPX node number: 00 00 00 00 00 00
Remote IPX node number: 00 00 00 00 00 00
Remote IPX router name:
Authentication status: No inbound authentication negotiated
Inbound PeerID:

Local request by termination phase: No
DCD and/or CTS dropped: No
Disabled communications locally: No
Inbound/Outbound authentication failed: No
Failed to negotiate inbound auth. protocol with peer: No
Rejected peer's request for authentication: No
Peer rejected MRU option of config-request: No
MRU of peer was below required minumum: No
Rejected peer's LCP option(s) too many times: No
Rejected peer's IPCP option(s) too many times: No
Rejected peer's IPXCP option(s) too many times: No

DCD: High
CTS: High

ds

Total number of If_Send entries: 15090
Number of If_Send entries with SKB = NULL: 0
Number of If_Send entries with broadcast addressed pkt discarded: 0
Number of If_Send entries with multicast addressed pkt discarded: 0
Number of If_Send entries with CRITICAL_RX_INTR set: 0
Number of If_Send entries with Critical set and pkt discarded: 0
Number of If_Send entries with Device Busy set: 0
Number of If_Send entries with Device Busy Timeout: 0
Number of If_Send entries with DRIVER STATS Request: 3
Number of If_Send entries with PTPIPE MONITOR Request: 27
Number of If_Send entries with WAN Disconnected: 0
Number of If_Send entries with Protocol Error: 0
Number of If_Send entries with Adapter Send Failed: 0
Number of If_Send entries with Transmit Interrupt Enabled: 0
Number of If_Send entries with Adapter Send passed: 15060
Number of times host irq left disabled in If_Send: 0

di

Number of ISR entries: 10907
Number of ISR entries with Critical Set: 0
Number of Receive Interrupt: 10806
Number of Transmit Interrupt: 0
Number of ISR entries for Interrupt Testing: 101
Number of Spurious Interrupt: 0
Number of times Transmit Interrupts Enabled in ISR: 0
Number of Receive Interrupts with Corrupt Buffer: 0
Number of Receive Interrupts with No socket: 0
Number of Receive Interrupts for DRIVER STAT Request: 0
Number of Receive Interrupts for PTPIPE MONITOR Request: 0
Number of Receive Interrupts with Buffer Passed to Stack: 10806
Number of Receive Interrupts with Device not started: 0
Number of Transmit Interrupts with Device not started: 0

dg

Number of PTPIPE Monitor call with Kmalloc error: 0
Number of PTPIPE Monitor call with Adapter Type error: 0
Number of PTPIPE Monitor call with Direction Error: 0
Number of PTPIPE Monitor call with Adapter Command Timeout: 0
Number of PTPIPE Monitor call with Adapter Command OK: 24
Number of PTPIPE Monitor call with pkt passed to Adapter: 0
Number of PTPIPE Monitor call with pkt passed to Stack: 27
Number of PTPIPE Monitor call with no socket: 0
Number of DRIVER STAT call with Kmalloc error: 0
Number of DRIVER STAT call with Adapter Command Timeout: 0
Number of DRIVER STAT call with Adapter Command OK: 6
Number of DRIVER STAT call with pkt passed to Adapter: 0
Number of DRIVER STAT call with pkt passed to Stack: 8
Number of DRIVER STAT call with no socket: 0
Number of Poll Entries: 3980024
Number of Poll Entries with Critical set: 0
Number of Poll Entries Processed: 33270
Number of times host irq left disabled in Poll: 0

Router UP Time: 9 hour(s)

Invoking dial backup at Sat May 1 03:42:20 EDT 1999

--
Camm Maguire camm@enhanced.com