SubjectRe: [OT] Linux, NT and NIS integration...
What could be the problem? Install NIS and samba. Samba uses the glibc
calls and that will take care of the integration issue. Not that I have
done it but I could certainly make it work.

On Mon, 3 May 1999, Tomasz Przygoda wrote:

> Does anyone knows if there's something that would make WinNT Domain
> Controler (PDC) load user/password/group maps from NIS server???
> It's retarded, but I need to maintain unix accounts centraly (NIS) on
> Linux, but need to have samba to authenticate agains NT domain, and I
> don't want to recreate accounts for everyone on an NT machine after
> I create them on Linux.

Christoph Lameter, MSCS, M.Div.
Available for a job or consulting (see