    SubjectRe: [OT] Linux, NT and NIS integration...
    What could be the problem? Install NIS and samba. Samba uses the glibc
    calls and that will take care of the integration issue. Not that I have
    done it but I could certainly make it work.

    On Mon, 3 May 1999, Tomasz Przygoda wrote:

    > Does anyone knows if there's something that would make WinNT Domain
    > Controler (PDC) load user/password/group maps from NIS server???
    > It's retarded, but I need to maintain unix accounts centraly (NIS) on
    > Linux, but need to have samba to authenticate agains NT domain, and I
    > don't want to recreate accounts for everyone on an NT machine after
    > I create them on Linux.

    Christoph Lameter, MSCS, M.Div.
    Available for a job or consulting (see

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.019 / U:11.388 seconds]