    SubjectRe: Ken Thompson interview in IEEE Computer magazine (fwd)
    On Tue, 4 May 1999, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:

    > I did see Ken Thompson's article in IEEE Spectrum, and while I'm curious
    > about why he thinks Linux is "unreliable", it's probably not worth
    > argueing about. Let's try to spend our energy working on those parts of
    > Linux which could stand to be improved (and they do exist!) as opposed
    > to flame people who dare utter things that we don't like to hear. It's
    > a waste of time, and it simply hurts the Linux community. Better to
    > spend our energy making them even more wrong than they are today. :-)

    I agree, however such comments are very sad and confusing. Since this
    discussion already found its way to Slashdot, I have posted my attempt to
    explain it there
    ( )

    Excellent.. now give users the option to cut your hair you hippie!
    -- Anonymous Coward

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.020 / U:8.804 seconds]