SubjectRe: Ken Thompson interview in IEEE Computer magazine (fwd)
On Tue, 4 May 1999, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:

> I did see Ken Thompson's article in IEEE Spectrum, and while I'm curious
> about why he thinks Linux is "unreliable", it's probably not worth
> argueing about. Let's try to spend our energy working on those parts of
> Linux which could stand to be improved (and they do exist!) as opposed
> to flame people who dare utter things that we don't like to hear. It's
> a waste of time, and it simply hurts the Linux community. Better to
> spend our energy making them even more wrong than they are today. :-)

I agree, however such comments are very sad and confusing. Since this
discussion already found its way to Slashdot, I have posted my attempt to
explain it there
( )

Excellent.. now give users the option to cut your hair you hippie!
-- Anonymous Coward