SubjectRe: Ken Thompson interview in IEEE Computer magazine (fwd)
> Not to tell that I never had access to any IEEE or POSIX specs. Not to
> tell that I never had access to the sources of his unix.
> It would be nice if he could tell me what is not been well designed in
> Linux so I could start working to fix it.

The SCSI midlayer is the most obvious one. The Sangoma drivers could do
with a diet, the floppy driver seems to be horribly bloated for what is does -
tho that might be partly the hardware's fault.

I think there are quite a few driver candidates and some non driver ones
- lack of page colouring, the DMA memory issue, the amount of work done when
picking pages to swap. None of these last ones are trivial items though.