    SubjectRe: Ken Thompson interview in IEEE Computer magazine (fwd)
    Date
    > Not to tell that I never had access to any IEEE or POSIX specs. Not to
    > tell that I never had access to the sources of his unix.
    >
    > It would be nice if he could tell me what is not been well designed in
    > Linux so I could start working to fix it.

    The SCSI midlayer is the most obvious one. The Sangoma drivers could do
    with a diet, the floppy driver seems to be horribly bloated for what is does -
    tho that might be partly the hardware's fault.

    I think there are quite a few driver candidates and some non driver ones
    - lack of page colouring, the DMA memory issue, the amount of work done when
    picking pages to swap. None of these last ones are trivial items though.

    Alan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.018 / U:95.592 seconds]