SubjectOops assist...
Hi there.

There have been several comments about how to accurately catch an
oops, since it isn't written out to any file on disk. It just occurred
to me that one useful way would be to make use of the /proc filesystem
for this.

I can see two ways it could be done:

1. Have a file /proc/oops which records the last oops to occur
on the system, so if one does `cat /proc/oops` one gets a
repeat of what appears when the oops actually occurs.

2. An extension of the above: Have a directory /proc/oops with
a separate entry therein for each oops that occurs, each with
a name corresponding to `date +%Y-%m-%d.%H-%M-%S.$UID` at the
time the oops occurred, and a symlink /proc/oops/last that
points to the most recent oops to occur.

In each case, the file would be owned by the user and group owning the
process that oops'd, with permissions 400 for security reasons. Either
of the above would permit ksymoops to be rewritten to default to the
latest file therein, but (in case 2) allow an earlier oops to be
analysed instead...

Comments ???

Best wishes from Riley.