SubjectRe: Ken Thompson interview in IEEE Computer magazine (fwd)
On Tue, 4 May 1999, Mark Lord wrote:
> Subject: Re: Ken Thompson interview in IEEE Computer magazine (fwd)
>
> Wojtek Pilorz wrote:
> > So my understanding is that his opinions are based on reading Linux source
> > code, rather than looking at any badly configured Linux system.
>
> And from that a comparism is drawn against WinNT,
Well, I thought this comparision was too insulting for anyone
working with linux and looking at the problems other poor souls
have with NT, so I preferred not to mention NT;
I just wanted to share my view that Ken Thompson is just a man
with vast experience and knowledge, so we would benefit more from
listening to him (however unpleasant it could be) than from bashing
at him.

> for which he has not been able to read any source code.. ?!?!?!
Or he might have been able to read it, working for a large company;
Or he might compare with AT&T Unix, or Plan9, or something other ...

I do not know...

Best regards,

Wojtek

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.266 / U:1.160 seconds]