From: Jeff Merkey
To: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
Sent: Monday, May 31, 1999 11:14 AM
Subject: Availability Dates for FENRIS (NetWare) File System for Linux Open
Sources

Linux Community,

We had planned on June 1, 1999 as for release of the tar containing the
source code for FENRIS on our website, however, we had forgotten that Moday
May 31, 1999 is a US holiday (Memorial Day). As such, FENRIS will be
available the following day in the evening.

We apologize for the inconveniance. The FENRIS For Linux tar containing the
source code for version 1.4 of NWFS for Linux will be available June 3, 1999
in the morning for download from www.timpanogas.com. We will make one final
code review pass for bugs and completeness on June 2, 1999, then the code
will be available from our website either the evening of June 2, 1999 or the
following morning (depending on where on planet earth you are when we
publish it to our site). We also are putting in a fix for Document
Solutions in Alabama that allows Linux to mount NetWare volumes > 560 GB in
size, we are finalizing these changes.

The license statement for this open source is in an attached source file for
everyone's review. Anyone wanting to make changes or comments to the
license needs to get this info to us NLT June 2, 1999 before we publish the
code. Also, anyone who feels they contributed that may left out should let
us know so we can get your names into the first release as contributors.

We will also be posting a subsequent release of the Open Source 1.5 in two
weeks, and two weeks thereafter we will post 1.6 (around July 1, 1999).
Releases will then follow as required for bug fixes and enhancements. It is
anticipated at some point, we will release quarterly to all. The two
interim releases for June are to integrate bug fixes and to put some final
touches on 4 and 8 way volume mirroring, and write hotfixing.

The nwfs-utils tar containing the open source code utilities to fsck,
create, and maintain NetWare volume and partitions will be available later
in the week, and will also be part of the nwfs quarterly releases.

Very Truly Yours,

Jeff Merkey
CEO, TRG

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.028 / U:0.284 seconds]