    SubjectWho owns the x86emu project?
    Hi All,

    I am trying to figure out who the author and/or current maintainer of
    the x86emu project is. The current DEC Alpah Milo sources (which
    don't appear to have been updated to 2.2 yet) include the x86emu
    library, which is used to run the BIOS on the ISA/PCI graphics
    controller to initialise it when the system boots. The emulator works
    on some cards, but it lacking lots of support code for 32-bit
    instructions in 16-bit code (ie: mov eax,ebx etc with the operand
    size prefix).

    Anyway, I have had some great success so far on some graphics cards
    with this emulator, and I want to flesh it out and make it work on
    all graphics cards. When I am done, we will be able to use this
    emulator to bring up graphics cards on any system with an ISA/PCI/AGP
    bus, as well as use it to bring up secondary controllers on x86
    systems that are not POST'ed by the BIOS. It could also be used by
    the Linux kernel on any processor to allow the VESA fbcon driver to
    safely make calls to the BIOS at runtime to do things such as change

    However before I dive head first into this, I would like to find out
    where the absolute latest version of the sources are so I don't end
    up doing duplicate work. Also if there is a different, but more
    complete x86 emulator library around, perhaps I should work with that

    | SciTech Software - Building Truly Plug'n'Play Software! |
    | Kendall Bennett | Email: |
    | Director of Engineering | Phone: (530) 894 8400 |
    | SciTech Software, Inc. | Fax : (530) 894 9069 |
    | 505 Wall Street | ftp : |
    | Chico, CA 95928, USA | www : |

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.021 / U:20.960 seconds]